Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

My employer made me work the day after having 10 teeth

Customer Question

My employer made me work the day after having 10 teeth removed and the next day I was in and out of it confused state did not take me to get medical care they drove me home with out noticing my wife is that leagal
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you.

This is very poor management and really lacking in basic decency but it is not illegal. I wish I could provide better news for you, but nothing in the law protects an employee from the conduct you describe. If I can clarify anything for you just let me know.

Kind regards,

Patrick

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
couple days after that they had another employees put me in my car and follow me to meet some one knowing I could not drive in the state I was in snd
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
all most wrecked my car

Your employer could potentially be charged with a crime for putting you behind the wheel when you were in an inebriated state. The problem with reporting them is that you would be equally responsible because you were the one driving inebriated. The fact your employer told you to drive would not somehow excuse you from the laws regarding sober driving. So, this probably isn't an issue you want to pursue. Also, since there were no damages (thankfully, nobody was hurt and there was no accident), there is no basis for a civil lawsuit, the goal of which would be to recover damages suffered as the result of your employer's unlawful conduct.

Was there anything else I can do for you?