Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

Should a not agency have a post employee grievance policy

Customer Question

Should a not for profit agency have a post employee grievance policy and if so how much time should be allowed for the post employee to file with the agency?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

Good evening Vernita,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a personal phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. What specifically are you referring to? Just an employer grievance system to allow the former employee to complain, or are you referring to the lodging of a formal complaint alleging unlawful discrimination?

2. What agency would the former employer file the complaint with? The former employer or are you referring to a governmental agency?

Doug

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No thanks cancelled refund my phone
Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

Good evening Vernita,

There is nothing to refund. You didn't accept the phone call. As I initially said, if you don't want a phone call that is fine, but to respond to your question, I need a bit more information. When you are able to provide the additional minimal information I asked for I will be able to assist you.

Doug