Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

In a Federal EEO case where the complaint is eligible and

Customer Question

In a Federal EEO case where the complaint is eligible for compensatory and punitive damages, front pay for 23 years due to permanent personal disability caused by retaliation and willful neglect of the agency. What are the limitations on the awards. Requested also is mental anguish, non pecuniary damages for emotional pain and suffering, injury to professional reputation, loss of reputation, and medical treatment past and future?
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I think front pay is limited to those that can and are able to work based on previous cases. Mainly I asking about breaking the 300,000 compensatory damages limitation. And I have 14 actionable claims on the case thus far. are they all limited to 300,000?
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Unfortunately, the cap is limited to $300,000.00 for employers with more than 500 employees. There is no way to break this cap regrettably under EEOC jurisdiction.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.