Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
11313492

I am considering a potential law suit against my prev

Customer Question

I am considering a potential law suit against my prev employer. I informed my boss I was looking for other employment opportunities. Long story short, I told them a potential offer was coming, but that I was not turning in a notice. Afterall, you never know how offers work and as it turns out the offer fell through. He let me train another employee allowed me to stay for a week to help with coverage then he let me go. Initially I was told "my days were numbered" then when I mentioned a lawyer they claim I was being layed off. My conversations with my boss were recorded. I also felt harrassed and retaliated against. I continuously told him about laws company was breaking etc. Can I be termed?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Arizona
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I know I live in a right to work state, so that does not help.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I think my boss was condescending towards women and we always felt pressure to do things that were not good for our clients.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 4 months ago.

did you have an employment contract? was the termination in retaliation for your potentially leaving or for reporting illegal conduct?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Originally there was a hiring agreement, however I have requested my PR FIle (knowing the company did not keep one) I have not received anything from my file after several requests. He said I was being let go because he can't have 2 managers on the budget, so he let me go. I honestly think because I constantly challenged him with and didn't agree with a lot of what was going on that is why he pushed so hard to find a replacement.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
He jumped the gun and found a guy to quickly replace me when I hadn't even accepted an offer. I have several recorded phone conversations with my boss and HR.

You have a right to pursue a case if they violated your agreement - something you want to check and pursue a copy of your file to confirm. You also can pursue to the extent the reason given is a pretext for the real reason which is retaliation for reporting violations and otherwise serving as a whistleblower. Practically, having a lawyer reach out can often lead to a severance package in exchange for mutual releases.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I found the original offer letter. Anything in particular you are looking at?

If the employer agreed to employ for a fixed period or if termination was precluded by some internal review or hearing process.

Kindly rate me excellent, thank you.

Tried to expedite for you. Please click on a good or excellent rating, and welcome to follow up after rating!