Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.

I have been on FMLA last 12 weeks which HR says run out on

Customer Question

I have been on FMLA for the last 12 weeks which HR says run out on 7/22 due cut on my foot that got infected, then it turn in a open sore and they determine there was infection in the foot bone and since I am a diabetic it is healing very slowly. I currently have 5 more day of IV antibotics treatment and 8 more days of the hyperbariac chamber treatment to aid in the healing of my foot. the doctors put me on six weeks of IV antibotic to try to get rid of the infection and 30 treatment in the Hyperbariac chamber to get the sore to heel. My question is the 12 weeks that I have been on FMLA my company has been letting me to work from home each doing paperwork and such like I was at at. So should the hours that i work from home be lump into the 12 week of FMLA?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 3 months ago.

The hours worked should count towards calculating time worked towards leave. The hours worked should be excluded in determining if you took entire leave since entire leave not taken.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
what you saying is if i worked hours from home during the twelve week peroid that should not be counted in the 12 week of FMLA

It means you should be entitled to additional time off since have not taken full 12 weeks.

Kindly rate me excellent, thank you.

thank you in advance, and if I can clarify anything, just ask me.