Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Licensed Experienced Attorney

I was a manager at Rallys in bowling an I had put in notice

Customer Question

I was a manager at Rallys in bowling green ky an I had put in notice because I was moving to Florida. My anniversary date was May 4th I believe but it was in May and I was told I could work my vacation an cash it in well once it got to my time to leave they didn't want to pay my vacation pay an was bribed from my gm an district manager if I finish out my notice I will get my pay on my last check that wasn't what me an my gm talked bout right after my year date came
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Do you have any written agreement or confirmation as a proof of the GM verbal promise to you?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it's all in text messages

Thank you for your follow up.

Unfortunately, text messages are not legally binding and do not create a legal agreement and in many cases cannot even be authenticated and admitted into evidence.

Do you have a written agreement signed by the GM or another company executive stating that you would be entitled to this vacation pay upon leaving the company?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No I don't thank u

Thank you for your follow up.

Unfortunately, verbal promises, without written agreement are generally very difficult to enforce, without a written agreement showing the terms of employment and the fact that employee would be eligible for a vacation pay upon leaving the company, so unfortunately, generally there would not be any legal recourse, under similar circumstances.

I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.

I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!