Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I work as a contractor at the sec and have a superviser that

Customer Question

i work as a contractor at the sec and have a superviser that lied on me to my agency about my work ethic; my company wont do anything because the contract is huge and makes hem allot of money. im beimg bullied and harrassed please help me
JA: Can you tell me what state this is in? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: dc
JA: Huh?
Customer: washington dc
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no not yet i wasnt sure what to do i dont want to lose my job
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: i have also been sexually harrassed
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 4 months ago.

What is your specific question?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I would like to know if I could sue the person at the SEC while still maintaining my job?

Thank you for the information.

Regrettably, if you filed lawsuit against this person tormenting you, you may be retaliated against for filing the lawsuit . This person may make up a reason to find your performance lacking and thus you could be terminated under false pretenses. If your company is not willing to come to your defense, I am afraid that you have very limited option: either stay and try to find a way to work with this person or quit and then file lawsuit against the person and the company for Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress. However, in order to prevail on a claim of Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress, you need to show that (1) your supervisor acted intentionally or recklessly; (2) that your supervisor's actions were extreme and outrageous;(3) that supervisor's actions were the cause (4) of your severe emotional distress, which would be evidenced by you going to doctors for medical treatment or seeking therapy. If you cannot prove all the four factors above, you would not prevail in your lawsuit for Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress.

You may use the sites below to find a local Attorney who handles employment cases to assist you with the case:

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.