Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years professional experience
16823287

If employed by the State of Arizona as a Registered

Customer Question

If employed by the State of Arizona as a Registered Professional Land Surveyor can you be
forced to work under a non-Registered person and can a Grade be separated from the job description - for example the management position is occupied by an un-Registered person as a Grade 22 and Chief Land Surveyor is a Grade 24. Is there any guidance in the Arizona Revised Statutes that may cover this.
Thank you
***** *****
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick.

Note: (1) If you want legal advice, consult with a local attorney before acting or deciding not to act; information given here is for educational purposes only; (2) Most questions are answered within the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and to JA’s other site disclaimers.

1. Let me see what I can find out for you and I will be back....

Expert:  Maverick replied 4 months ago.

John:

The closest thing I could find to answer your inquiry is found under these laws and it states, in relevant part:

32-128. DISCIPLINARY ACTION; LETTER OF CONCERN; JUDICIAL REVIEW

C. The board may take disciplinary action against the holder of a certificate or registration under this chapter who is charged with the commission of any of the following acts:

3. Aiding or abetting an unregistered or uncertified person to evade this chapter or knowingly combining or conspiring with an unregistered or uncertified person, or allowing one's registration or certification to be used by an unregistered or uncertified person or acting as agent, partner, associate or otherwise of an unregistered or uncertified person, with intent to evade this chapter

This appears to imply that you cannot be supervised by an unregistered person; but the answer is not clear. If you go to a law library and look at an annotated version of this section, it may give you head-notes of cases which interpret this law. I am not finding any such cases in any of the free legal databases I have. Also, I came up empty on your second inquiry.