Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer
Experience:  I have significant experience in employment law.
63724254

I work in an assisted living and work as a medication aide

Customer Question

I work in an assisted living and work as a medication aide we have been told to work as a dish washer be cause there has not been one for 2 weeks is that possible that i am being harassed we get no compensation i am afraid if i don't listen to my boss she will fire me or give me a hard time what can i do
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 7 months ago.

You are an at-will employee so the employer is not doing anything illegal when she is asking you to do dish washing tasks. However, if you believe you are being treated differently because of your race, age, disability, gender you should let your boss know as that would be illegal and it would be illegal for them to retaliate against you for making the complaint.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.