Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

As a very small service provider in Illinois who paid a

Customer Question

As a very small service provider in Illinois who paid a worker as a non-employee who now claims she was an employee, she left me to go on a month-long trip to Khazakstan and I paid her final compensation in full and more as severance, with an agreed severance and settlement agreement. Can she now pursue a "wage claim" in Illinois despite that she was paid more than owed under severance agreement? She has filed a wage claim that contains documentable false statements
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

Did the severance agreement include a waiver of all claims? I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.