Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Is it legal to drop a workers wage by 20.00 dollars an hour,

Customer Question

Is it legal to drop a workers wage by 20.00 dollars an hour, on prevailing wage jobs in Washington state. I'm a drywall taper in Whatcom Co. In 2010, they dropped our wage from 49.00 dollars an hour to 29.00 dollars an hour. It's been that way for 6 years, with no cost of living raise
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 6 months ago.

Response: No, it is not legal if this was done without approval from the Washington State Department of Labor and Industries. You should file a prevailing wage complaint with the agency. Click here for more information.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.