Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Employment/Labor Law Litigation
20011183

I have to work alone and do all the work while workers doing

Customer Question

I have to work alone and do all the work while workers doing the same job get apprentices to help them. Is that discimination
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance.

Yes and no. The pure definition of discrimination is being treated differently in any situation, but our statutes do not make that illegal.

So, you only have half the equation here. You are being treated differently, so that is the first half. The second part though is that you have to show why you are being treated differently and that reason has to be illegal. If you can allege that you are being treated differently based on race, religion, gender, age, disability or recent medical leave use, then yes, it is an illegal form of discrimination.

If you can't show one of those as the motivation behind the differing treatment here, then legally it is not a form of discrimination that has been outlawed.

If you have any further questions, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a top-three rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Please rate me based on my service and not on your satisfaction with the law, which I am not in control of and I am just reporting to you. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.

Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required after the response I previously provided to you. If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care and have a great day.