Ray, Employment lawyer
Experience:  30 years in Employment law
8534270

Can you collect unemployment and social security and if you

Customer Question

can you collect unemployment and social security and if you can, will the unemployment be reduced? How much will it be reduced? I was fired from my job so I applied for Social Security and will be receiving $1516 per month. I was approved for unemployment for 412 a month.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ray replied 6 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Give me a couple of minutes to research and respond here, thanks.

Expert:  Ray replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for your patience.New Mexico here does not offset UI benefits if you are receiving social security based on retirement age not disability.Some other states do this but not New Mexico here.

Reference

http://nelp.3cdn.net/f96d84de63766102b2_8rm6b99ab.pdf

You should get full UI benefits here, you have to do your work search and any other requirements to keep receiving for the 26 weeks.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you. You have saved me from filing bankruptcy. Please charge card different card. I do not have enough money to in that account. New card Visa 4834672000967620 expiration date 2-19 code 113
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I only want you to confirm that you need to only charge the $5 to the first card because I will bounce. Please charge the new card I provided 4834672000967620
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Please do not charge me for phone call. cancel the call just confirm that you received the text with the card 4834672000967620. thank you. I apologize for the miss understanding
Expert:  Ray replied 6 months ago.

There is no charge here for a phone call.I would appreciate it if you can positive rate me.Thanks again.