Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.

My schedule changes from day to day without notice, is this

Customer Question

my schedule changes from day to day without notice, is this legal?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

Unfortunately, no law requires employers to maintain consistency with respect to schedules. Employers have the freedom to set whatever schedules they need in order to run their business. Erratic scheduling is certainly a poor management practice to be avoided, as it kills employee morale and will result in an high employee turnover rate. But there is no law that prevents an employer from running its business into the ground like this. The only thing you can do is attempt to reason with your employer or find alternative employment with a more reliable schedule.

I hope that you find this information helpful and am genuinely sorry if it is not what you were hoping to hear. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.