Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

Thank you. My Fiance has worked same company months and 3

Customer Question

Thank you. My Fiance has worked for the same company for 7 months and 3 weeks ago he was told his background check showed something from 40 years ago and he would have to go home and get proff of what happened. He did and ther is no records of what happened. So the state needs a letter from this employer and they sai they are not his employer current or past and he said what? I habe worked her for 7 months and they said everyone likes you here and you aren't fired but we are not writting that letter.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Florida
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: We fare scapping for money since he hasn't gotten paid for 3 weeks.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick.

Note: (1) If you want legal advice, consult with a local attorney before acting or deciding not to act; information given here is for educational purposes only; (2) Most questions are answered within the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and to JA’s other site disclaimers.

1. I do not understand why the State needs a letter from his employer. For what? To do what? Can you please explain further?