Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years professional experience

I am working International in South Korea. It is a DOD

Customer Question

Hello, I am working for Honeywell International in South Korea . It is a DOD contract, I am an employee of honeywell, have been working for them 18 months and have 110 other Honeywell employees in our work area. Are we covered By FMLA ????? ... Honeywell claims NO !!!!!!!
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick.

Note: (1) If you want legal advice, consult with a local attorney before acting or deciding not to act; information given here is for educational purposes only; (2) Most questions are answered within the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and to JA’s other site disclaimers.

The Department of Labor administers the FMLA only with respect to employees employed in the United States, including the District of Columbia and any territory or possession of the United States. Therefore, employees stationed full time overseas in a foreign country would not be eligible for the benefits of the FMLA while working overseas. This is true even if even if they are there only on one and two year employment contracts.