Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.

I believe I have been the victim of age and probably race

Customer Question

I believe I have been the victim of age and probably race discrimination from my present job. I realize that this is very difficult to prove. However, I have been demoted twice in the past five years. I have received good performance evaluations and from all practical indications I was doing well in both cases. I was told by one of the people, when he was hired to be my supervisor and later let go, to get rid of me by his superiors...I feel in ten years it has came full circle. My question is how do I go about pursuing this matter to see if indeed I am a victim of discrimination?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

The first step is to file a complaint with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. This is actually a legal requirement before filing a lawsuit, but the EEOC will conduct an investigation to determine whether there is evidence of age or race discrimination. Filing an EEOC complaint doesn't cost anything and does not require you to have an attorney. You can get the process started here.

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** the EEOC answer, I may need assistance...thanks again...
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

You are very welcome. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the attorneys here are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.