Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years professional experience

I went to my pharmacy 2 years ago to get a antibiotic

Customer Question

I went to my pharmacy 2 years ago to get a antibiotic for a workman's comp injury. I paid my deductible and went on my way. Now 2 years later I get a letter from a lawyer saying I owe the pharmacist for my work comp. 756.00. What happened is that my RX charged the work comp for my daily maintenance medication instead of my med insurance that they always charged. They made a billing error and won't fix it. I didn't make the mistake they did and they won't fix it or do anything about it. I have tried everything and they won't fix their mistake. Do I need to sue?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick.

Note: (1) If you want legal advice, consult with a local attorney before acting or deciding not to act; information given here is for educational purposes only; (2) Most questions are answered within the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and to JA’s other site disclaimers.

ANSWER: Yes, that may be the only option at this point. You will need to sue them in what is called a declaratory judgment action for a court order that says that under the terms of your worker's comp insurance policy you do not owe this bill. Here is the law. Here is a sample petition