Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.

I work oilfeild company based out of Michigan, we always

Customer Question

I work for a oilfeild company based out of Michigan , we always work in West Virginia ohio or Pennsylvania for periods of time often exceeding 2 weeks, we stay in hotels we pay for with per diem. Our job sites are often a hour or more away from the hotel and we seem to be the only company not getting paid for travel time. I was just curious if this is legal for them not to pay us.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

Unfortunately, the time spent commuting to the first work site and from the last work site is not compensable time. You may want to talk to your employer about arranging for hotels that are closer to work. Beyond this, however, and there would not typically be anything more you can do.

I hope that you find this information helpful and am genuinely sorry if it is not what you were hoping to hear. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.