Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

My husband is currently incarcerated and is being harassed

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: My husband is currently incarcerated and is being harassed and degraded by a correctional officer. He has filed grievances and spoken with and wrote in to the superintendent, however, the officer has only began retaliating and nothing has changed. Am I able to file a complaint against this employee? What are his options for these misconduct to cease?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: PA
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, not really sure my options
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: At this point, I have stated the obvious and am looking to know what my husband's rights are to stop being treated this way
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 3 months ago.

Have you filed a grievance for him or considered having a local lawyer contact the DOP.