Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.

Fifteen years ago, I suffered a massive stroke. I could not

Customer Question

Fifteen years ago, I suffered a massive stroke. I could not talk for 6 years. I was an Electrical Engineer. I'm disabled for life. I have ERISA (Employee Retirement Income Security Act). I worked for a publicly traded company (Company A). Now, Company A is in negotiations with Company B to be acquired by Company B. I'm a safe not to loss my ERISA?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 3 months ago.
You are safe. The acquiring company steps in the shoes of your employer and has to honor your benefits. You can of course remind them of this if you wish to avoid any accidental interruption. I wish you the best. I trust the answer has been helpful. kindly let me know. I tried to expedite your question. kindly click on a rating of Good or higher for the answer.

Kindly click on an excellent rating.