Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

My general manager has sent one of the store managers to

Customer Question

My general manager has sent one of the store managers to write me up twice for two different situations that I don't believe deserve a write up. The first write up which was issued to me on July 9th for a incident that happened June 7th which in this case I return from work after being off for two days and because I close the store I come realize  (at 2:30am by the way) that there is a lock on the compartment for the gate that wasn't there before I left for my off days. I ended up leaving that night without pulling the gates to "secure" the store in one of the safest building in the world. The next day I was lectured about how irresponsible it was on both parts mine and upper management for not making me aware of the new lock and for not providing me with the keys needed to lock up for the night. While I understand I made the wrong decision of just leaving the store "unsecure," I also feel that I'm not completely to blame. I was put in a situation where I wasn't not prepared with the proper tools to complete my task and made the wrong call due to lack of resources. The other write up was because after working 4 nights straight some of them requiring me to get off at 2:30 in the morning on my final night of my weekly shift memorial day (one of the busiest nights in the year), I run to our separate office on a different floor to go grab a Tylenol because I was trying to hurry back to the store I left my keys in the office and ended up being locked out. I had to call security and sign a paper that would charge the company a fee for the securities service. I believe this was a human mistake and this was actually what was said to me by upper management. A week later I received a write up for this as well. I have not signed either of these write ups because I feel like they aren't fair and that the upper management is just trying to create a paper trail to fire me. Should I sign them? What should be my next step?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Loren replied 8 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

What will happen if you refuse to sign?

Can you ask that your facts be added before you sign?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
What facts?
Expert:  Loren replied 8 months ago.

By your facts, I mean your explanation.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Okay I think I made a mistake trying this. So sorry for wasting your time. Thank you
Expert:  Loren replied 8 months ago.

What is the problem?