Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

I was wrongfully terminated accused of deliberate

Customer Question

I was wrongfully terminated accused of deliberate malpractice, denied unemployment after 48 years because of age discrimination.The attorney representing me resigned from my case after l REFUSED to accept an unfair settlement offer and the defendant put into the court record that the case was settled at mediation. I was not aware of any of this until I contacted the district clerk to get the court scheduled proceedings and told her my attorney had abandoned me. She said that he was still representing me and there was a phone hearing scheduled that I could participate in. I am hard of hearing and was so nervous that I was shacklng and emotional because this was effecting me worse then when I was treated like a criminal by my former employer. The magistrate judge gave me 30 days to find another attorney and said I was responsible for all court deadlines. The attorney I contacted checked the court records and said my case was settled and no attorney would represent me and referred me to a real state lawyer that may help me for an hourly fee. I took a job in 2015 in construction and remodeling to supplement the income I lost and Did well ln the cooler months. I have C.O.P.D. and can not tolerate the heat working outdoors. Between the treatment from the company and the attorney I am loosing the hope of getting to trial or fair settlement.The next and only hearing on the status of my case is on 7/-13. I FEEL LIKE I AM GOING TO MY EXECUTION. Is there any hope or has it all already been determined?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 3 months ago.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties. However, I need some clarifications.

If the case is noted as settled on Court records, why is there a hearing scheduled in the case?

Why doesn't the Clerk correct the record to show that the case has not been settled and infact that it is going to trial?

What kind of work did you do?

I am asking because I am not sure why you are being told to get a real estate Attorney.

Thank you for your cooperation,