Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

My name is Taouil I worked senior home living in memphis

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** I worked for a senior home living in memphis tennessee with home office in California.i have been there for a year.about two months ago I took seventeen days with the approval of the executive director that is no longer there.When I came bake I was told that I should have back on the twenty seventh and was written up for that and for things that I have never been aware of before and the write up was under an interim executive director that did not have any knowledge about what i accomplished in that facility I am very popular with the resident because I took care of them properly and humanly.before I left to visit my ailing father I was taking care of the culinary department because the executive chef resigned I was working seven days a week from six in the morning till seven at night with the help of the sous chef I cooked breakfast ,I ordered food I set up menus all the residents were complimenting me for i was doing they even send emails to the former executive director complimenting me and the kitchen crew.my job is a dining room not as an executive director.after all I went through they hired a new executive director that I had to train on how to get the place ready for breakfast after about three weeks they the found out that he could not perform the job.eventhough this executive chef was telling them that he is not qualified for the job the executive director and the business were to just on the job because they were lying on me and the sous chef to do the job.finally the executive chef told them he had an accident and that he can no longer work.so it was back to me and the sous chef to keep the facility going.we were working so many hours me the executive that I digested to the executive that I know a cool that can helps us and I called the gentleman to come in for an interview but he was asking for at least fifteen dollar an hour that executive director could not afford.by then I was leaving to visit my dad when I was surprised that the executive resigned and that the gentleman that was a cook with an other company is the executive chef now everybody was at owe because everybody thought I was taking over.Two months ago a new executive director took over and changed a lot of things that neither the residents agree with I was out spoken about the whole cutting hours to employees to small portions to residents I felt like I am the only one that could speak up about these things and that did not go well with the new executive director and the business director who always felt like I was a threat to her job.finally today I went to work I was Sumoned up to the office and told that I was not following up with the new schedule that the set up for me even though I followed the same schedule I have their copy and mine and it is the same everybody knew that the business director and the new executive director are trying to get rid of because I was the only that what is happening on top I am a Muslim and the gentleman that took over has a history in the Iraq war and he was sharing his heroics with anybody that is willing to listen.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Are you saying that you believe that you are being discriminated against based on your religion?

Doug

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am very positive that is the case because everybody and he does too because he asked me if I was fasting last week when it was ramadan and said yes he never speaks to me directly you can see resentment or hate in his face
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I can get letters from the residents because I have numbers and they are willing to write letters about the work I have done there they would not let say bye to the residents
Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 months ago.

I've offered you a phone call as you indicated that you would like one. Once you accept the call and provide me with your phone number I will be able to call you.

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 months ago.

Are you willing to accept the call?