Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Employment/Labor Law Litigation
20011183

What if your former manager treats you on fair during you

Customer Question

What if your former manager treats you on fair during you firing. Stands up and yells, in a threating manner.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance.

In employment law, being mean or yelling isn't illegal unless directed at your race, religion, gender, age, disability or medical leave use. So, just those facts don't really establish anything.

Yelling threats may be a criminal law matter, if you were physically threatened. You can report that, but it doesn't mean anything in employment law.

Unless you had a contract of employment that stated you could only be terminated for cause, you can legally be terminated without cause or even for an unfair reason. This is called "at will" employment. So, the unfair treatment really doesn't create any legal rights in employment law, unless you can allege discrimination based on race, religion, gender, age, disability or recent medical leave use (FMLA).

If you have any further questions, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a top-three rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Please rate me based on my service and not on your satisfaction with the law, which I am not in control of and I am just reporting to you. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.

Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required after the response I previously provided to you. If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care and have a great day.