Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years professional experience

I have just been put on paid administrative leave accused of

Customer Question

I have just been put on paid administrative leave for being accused of miss using credit card which I did not do this is with a state agency
JA: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?
Customer: This is in georgia and this happen today
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No and some of the charges the credit card issued credit because I told them it was an unauthorized purchase
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No that's about all I can think of. While I was in this meeting I was alone with 2 men. My supervisor led me to believe it was a meeting
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 3 months ago.

Can you please state your specific legal question so we know what type of answer you are looking for?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have been with the state for 4. 1/2 years. Today I was put on administrated leave because there were charges on the credit card that was not authorized. I called bank and these charges have been credited to my credit card, these charges are way over a year old. What do I need to do?
Expert:  Maverick replied 3 months ago.

It is recommended that you file an administrative appeal challenging their decision. Here are the instructions and guidelines that apply. Notice that unless a different time period is specifically provided, appeals must be filed and/or postmarked within ten (10) calendar days after: 1. The employee receives written notice of the action or decision, or 2. The effective date of the action or decision, whichever is later.