Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
11313492

I have worked City of Abq years. Last 16 with Dept of Senior

Customer Question

I have worked for the City of Abq for 20 years. Last 16 with Dept of Senior Affairs as a case mgr for frail and homebound seniors.
On Jan. 28, 2016 I was attacked and beaten and nearly raped by a man who wandered into my office at the Barelas Sr, Ctr. He battered me and tried to rape me. Finally 2 co workers came to my aid and got him of of me.
On Feb 5, 2016 I started treatment with a psychologist. She was able to get my work hours changed to 5 hours a day. But, still in the same office.
On May 9, 2016 I was transferred to our nutrition dept for 4 hours a day.
On June 22 I was put on workers comp leave. I am being paid but none of my accurals for PERA are going up. I am not able to accure vacation and sick hours either.
Do you think I have a chance to get a settlement or trial do to this? I do have documentation of this
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 10 months ago.

Normally such cases will settle. You have proof and you have injury. The defendant will not want the exposure to a big judgment. There will likely be pressure to settle as hearing date nears.

Kindly rate me positively, and feel free to follow up.

thank you in advance.