Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I owned a thrift store in Florida, my building sold out from

Customer Question

I owned a thrift store in Florida, my building sold out from under me and my mother died in the same week. I sold my store for nine thousand dollars. I was asked to sign a non compete and when I said no, they said okay we will do an adendom if you can't get another job you have to come back to work with us .I said okay and signed the non compete. When I needed a job they said no I couldn't work for them . I was not in the mind state to do anything but had to hurry and move my store which I couldn't because of my mother dying so I signed it . It has been a little over a year and I want to start my own store again . Will the non compete hold up in court or do I have a chance
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Did the non-compete agreement contain the terms as of the duration / length of non-compete and the physical location restriction?