Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

I am working consultancy on H1B status from Nov 2015. Due to

Customer Question

I am working for a consultancy on H1B status from Nov 2015. Due to work pressure, I got a seizure and other health issues. Even after discussing with my employer, I have been put into same work environment which is against my will. My wife is also on H1B and working for the same consultancy. She had been discriminated in the project she has been working for. We took this issue to the notice of employer and she is feeling bad to work in an environment where she is not treated well. After all these situations, we decided to change the employer considering my health as priority.
But my current employer is pressurizing us to pay the employment contract fee as we are leaving the organization. My Employer sent a mail to attorney(we were cc'ed) to send us a notice of law suite.
I would like to get our employment contract reviewed by your law group and seek necessary advice and assistance.
Can I get private consultation from your side to assist me in this situation.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
We are forbidden by state law from representing anyone from this site. We can look at your contract and provide you information as to whether or not you are bound by that contract to reimburse your employer, but we cannot represent you in any legal matter.