Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

An ex employer is trying to collect some wages from my

Customer Question

An ex employer is trying to collect some wages from my husband. My husband wrote up a proposal asking for here to be paid a certain amount for base pay and what he called "gap" pay prior to making commission because he had to make a minimum to take the position. It was fairly informal, not a contract, but an outline of his job goals that included what he sought for wages; he only stayed for 2 months. His ex employer says he owes him the gap pay per the agreement but no where in the agreement does it state the gap pay was to be repaid, there was no time limit on staying. He wasn't paid on a 10-99, it was a w-2 with taxes taken out and no line items delineating the monies were coming from different accounts are on his pay stubs.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 3 months ago.

This is Samuel. Please tell me

Did your husband then make the amount he was advanced as Gap Pay in commissions?
What is your question in this regard? What information can I provide for you?