Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

I have never sought advice like this before but my husband

Customer Question

I have never sought advice like this before but my husband and I getting very frustrated. My husband was laid off from his job just weeks before reaching 30 years back in November of 2013. We cannot get anyone from his last employer to give us some numbers for his retirement. Other people have received their retirement from this place but we cannot get anywhere. Every time he calls, he is told that the person he needs to speak with is in a meeting, out of town, you name it. Please tell me what out next step is.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ely replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please clarify:

1) Did/does he have a retirement account through his work - such as an IRA, 401k, etc?

2) What do you mean by "numbers?" What information is he attempting to get?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Ely replied 3 months ago.
Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!