Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
11313492

I am a certified nurse assistant/ rehab technician. my

Customer Question

hello, i am a certified nurse assistant/ rehab technician. my husbands aunt resides at my work place (nursing home).She is an elderly woman with dementia. I am being told by my bosses that if i am asked for assistance to care for her by my co-workers because she is being diificult, that i can help but i need to clock out. I am asked on a regular basis to assit my coworkers with other residents which can be diificult at times however, i am never asked to clock to assist with non compliant residents. I have explained that she is no relation to me that she is my husbands aunt and that she is a resident like any other however they are insisting that i do. I beleive i am being harrased in this manner due to my inquiry on unexplained bruising she has had and the fact that i do express concern about the lack of care she has received.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 5 months ago.

You are not required to clock out if doing so is being done in a discriminatory manner and violates how others are being treated.

This may be reported to management and HR. You may also have a lawyer speak to them locally. You may also escalate if needed to the labor board and court action.

Kindly take a moment to click on an excellent rating.