Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

I worked at my job years and was promoted to office manager,

Customer Question

I worked at my job for 11 years and was promoted to office manager, in Feb 2016 they hired a new practice adminstrator which I trained. For the last 6 weeks I have been treated differently, not being acknowledged in daily running of office I felt set up by her re: my job responsibilities, which I must add she knows none of the job posistions in the office. On 6/26/16 I had the day off and I was called by her and 2 of the doctors int he practice on a conference call, I was accused of stealing time for another employee, I have done the payroll in the past when I had to fill in if the practice admin was off. I was also told that I had discrepancies in my work, again she cannot judge anyone in this practice she does not know any posistion, with the accusation and things said to me I became angry and told them I resign. My question, isn't this slander? also I was never shown any "proof" of this accusation and never asked. I have worked there for 11 years and handled many important jobs, ex: daily deposits petty cash. I have never been counseled or have any marks on my work history until now, until she was hired.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Are you being treated differently based only on your age/race/sex/disability/national origin?
Did the person who made the accusation KNOW at the time they made it that it was false?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I was beeing treated differently as soon as she was hired. The person making the accusation was the new admin of office, she does not like me and I felt the change with the group, she went back in old payroll accounts, there is no proof and i did NOT do this

Thank you for your reply, but you did not answer my questions above. The questions I asked you are for essential information to know whether or not you have a case that would give right to any legal action or not.