John, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Exclusively practice labor and employment law.

I was fired 2/28/16 waking a coworker of mine up while on

Customer Question

I was fired 2/28/16 for not waking a coworker of mine up while on post. the incident happened on 2/14/16. Do I have any recourse for wrongful termination?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thanks for submitting your question today. My name is John. I have over 13 years of legal and consulting experience in this area. I’m happy to assist you with your question today. I'm sorry to hear about your job loss.

I'll need to ask you some preliminary questions before I can give you an answer to your question. Are you in a union or do you otherwise have a contract for "just cause" (as opposed to “at will" employment which is the default employment condition)? Do you think the manager who terminated you had an ulterior motive in terminating you, perhaps your age, race, gender, disability or religious beliefs?