Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  More than 30 years in legal practice.
17897874

I am a lpn the living center I worked me and said I lost a

Customer Question

I am a lpn the living center I worked for fired me and said I lost a pill, pd wants me to take a lie detecter test.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

What is the purpose of the lie detector test? Are you being charged with a crime?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I might be.i am not chrged yet
Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for the additional information.

There is absolutely no benefit to you in taking a lie detector test and you should decline to take the test or even make a statement.

The police are attempting to establish probable cause to make an arrest. They are not, despite what they tell you, trying to assist you.

Refuse to make any statements to the police without counsel present.

Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Are you still online with me?

Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (Excellent or Good) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question. Thanks.