Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Employment Law Expert

Medicare is denying all my medical claims. April 2, 2016, I

Customer Question

Medicare is denying all my medical claims. April 2, 2016, I fell off the roof of my house, was taken to the hospital by ambulance, spent 3 days in hospital, had surgery to repair a broken arm. They say the bills should be filed with workers comp. I have been retired for over a year, had a workers comp claim 3 years ago when I broke thumb at work. Claim with workers comp has been closed since October 2013. I never missed one day of work, never took any money from workers comp, and have no judgements. Every time I call Medicare they promise it will be corrected but nothing is ever fixed. I have faxed the copy of the closed paperwork from the workers comp company. Where do I go from here.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Medicare is extremely hard to deal with. You really have only two choices. The first one is to hire a lawyer and turn it over to them. However, the second one is actually almost as productive and that is to contact the officer of your US COngressman and ask the office staff for their help.

This is a good way to get Medicare (and if you ever need it, Social Security) moving on something. It also has the advantage of working relatively fast and not costing anything.

However, once you get them involved don't contact them without a specific purpose and, even then, do it as rarely as possible. They are usually glad to help but they are always busy and the more you contact them the less likely they are to help and at some point they just tell you "We can't do anything" and stop.

However, if you just let them work on it at their speed then you have an 80%+ chance of them getting it resolved.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered. In addition, once you issue your Positive Rating the question will lock open and no longer time out so you can come back to it anytime in the future if you think of any follow ups.