Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Employment/Labor Law Litigation

I have near-constant headaches and vertigo-like symptoms

Customer Question

I have near-constant headaches and vertigo-like symptoms that have been ongoing for over 2 months now. I removed myself from active employment due to risk concerns, not only for me, but my coworkers. (driving and walking are a chore as the symptoms come and go as they please) I've now seen 3 PCP's, an ENT, a neurologist and am currently awaiting another ENT appointment. So far, there has been no diagnosis from any of them and mostly it's been a barrage of drugs thrown at me in an attempt to control the symptoms. (Most of which cause drowsiness and increased dizziness)
In the meantime, my workplace is doing their best to get me on a leave of absence and onto COBRA benefits. I was under the impression that my medical benefits would continue as long as I paid my regular premiums.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance.

Your medical benefits actually continue based on what the insurance company considers an active employee. Certainly, the FMLA gives you the right to hold on to your insurance for up to 12 weeks of protected leave. Beyond that, it is entirely up to the insurance what is considered an active employee for coverage purposes.

If you have any further questions, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a top-three rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Please rate me based on my service and not on your satisfaction with the law, which I am not in control of and I am just reporting to you. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.

Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required after the response I previously provided to you. If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care and have a great day.