Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I work in an office with a branch manager who has

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hello. What do you want help with?
Customer: I work in an office with a branch manager who has consistently verbally harassed me
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: MD
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: There has been a pattern of bias, prejudice, harassment, a hostile work environment, and a non-professional atmosphere that consistently denigrates me, shows hostility toward me, aversion towards my disability
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ely replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me:

1) What is your disability?

2) What is the harassment exactly and how does it relate to your disability?

3) Are you asking (a) if you can seek unemployment if you quit, or, (b) if you can sue for discrimination?

You are very welcome. Good luck, and please don't forget to RATE my answer in one of top three faces and then SUBMIT – it is the only way I get credit for my time with you – or, please use the REPLY or SEND button to keep on chatting – I want you to be satisfied.