Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Years of experience in running a medium sized law firm.
7286322

I stated that some one saw the amount of patient at a home

Customer Question

Hi, I stated that some one saw the amount of patient at a home care agency that I work for but I lied. They took it seriously and stated that they would report to board of nursing.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ely replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry, I do not understand this:

"Hi, I stated that some one saw the amount of patient at a home care agency that I work for but I lied. They took it seriously and stated that they would report to board of nursing."

Please clarify. What amount? Who saw what, exactly? Who is threatening to file about whom?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am a nurse in the state of Georgia. I stated that my boyfriend saw the amount of patient that I was getting at this home care agency but it never happened. The home care agency stated that they will report me to the board of nursing for a Hippa violation
Expert:  Ely replied 6 months ago.

What does this mean: "saw the amount of patient that I was getting at this home care agency..."

The amount of patient? That does not quite make sense. Sorry. Please, can you try using perhaps different words to clarify?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Please can you just tell me thanks
Expert:  Ely replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your reply. Okay, I am going to guess that you mean that you told your boyfriend the number of patients that you were treating on behalf of your employer.
THIS in itself is NOT a HIPAA violation. HIPAA violation refers to information that specifically identifies individuals. So saying something like, "I treat 10 patients" is not a HIPAA violation, since it does not identity any person individually.
I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.
Expert:  Ely replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!