Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I own a collision/ restoration repair facility in NC. I only

Customer Question

I own a collision/ restoration repair facility in NC. I only employ 8 people including myself. All are "on the clock" employees except two who work off a set "per hour" commission rate based on the job's allotted time. I'm now being told that this method of paying them is not correct even though I've been working throughout this industry at various other large collision shops for the last 35 years. I've recently had an employee quit that has turned me over to the NCDOL because he claims that I owe him back pay "by the hour" instead of the commission pay that he was paid. What can I do?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ely replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please explain more about the "per hour" commission rate based on the job's allocated time? How does this work, exactly?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Ely replied 5 months ago.
Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I haven't received an answer and yet I've been debited from my account $33, $5, $41, $5 for a total of $84? Please reimburse my account. I've tried to get an answer from you but keep getting run around. I'm on a deadline for an answer.
Expert:  Ely replied 5 months ago.
You have not received an answer because I sent out an information request. Perhaps, you missed it. It was:

As for the billing, I cannot say as experts do not have access to billing profiles, but you can go to www.justanswer.com/help and contact customer service - they are very nice and can help with this.