retireddebra
retireddebra,
10263656

I requested vacation 7 months ago which was approved ( by my

Customer Question

i requested vacation 7 months ago which was approved ( by my boss) however a big visit came up which happens to fall on one of my vacation days. my boss asked me if i was able to change my vacation a week before the date of the vacation was planned i said no. he seemed fine with it at the time just asked if it was possible to make it in on the day of the visit please do so. i said i will try. so today i am on vaca and i get a text saying are you able to make it in on Thursday ? i politely reply i am unable to to cut my vaca short sorry i hope the visit goes well. this is the text i get back word for word
ok
as you can imagined im not happy about this. this makes 2 commitments that you have missed in the past week. we need to have a serious discussion when your back about your future here.
the 2nd commitment he mentioned was a sick day i took last week to take care of my son which i explained to him . also for the record the last time i called out before this date was 8 month prior .. so i am not sure what to do at this point i feel this was wrong
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I guess I am asking what is law on contacting an employee on their appored vacation and demanding they return to work ?
Expert:  retireddebra replied 5 months ago.
Are you in a union?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No I am not in a union

I am sorry but I just realized that you are in Nevada. This question was placed on the Canada law list in error. I will ask the site to move the question over to the correct list for you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Wow! That is strange thank you