Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.

Ohio, No, I was the only African-American on the plant

Customer Question

Hi Pearl;
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Ohio
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I was the only African-American on the plant leadership team
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 3 months ago.

Good evening,

I'm Doug, and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. You have not provided much in the way of facts, or even asked a question. In order to assist you I really need to have some background facts on your situation and I also need for you to tell me what it is you are asking, need to know, or seeking to accomplish. Will you please provide the needed information and let me know what you need to understand?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Doug
I resigned from my job as HR Supervisor due to what I felt was a borderline harassment situation and becoming a hostile work environment. I was part of the 5 member leadership team of the plant which included a new plant manager. The new plant manager and the sister plant's HR manager decided that I was needed to be put on an Employee Improvement Plan even though I do not have any disciplinary actions in my personnel file. What started all of this was that one of the other employees decided to complain that she didn't know about everything that was going in the plant. This complaint launched a full investigation by the plant manager and the other plant's HR Manager into this complaint. What came from the investigation was that 2 of white managers were written up for unprofessional conduct but I didn't receive a write-up. They wanted to move straight to the Employee Improvement Plan and I was told that there were complaints that I was unapproachable, people would get in trouble if they filed complaints with me and people were scared to talk to me, but no one has come to me or sat me down to talk one-on-one or give me performance review. As the plant HR I had people in my office all the time however, one of the supervisors decided to spread this around the plant and no matter how much I defended my position, these two did not want to hear it. As a matter of fact, the previous plant manager wrote our performance reviews for the year and the plant manager and the HR manager left the review as it was. When I asked why they didn't change it if I was such a horrible person, neither one could give me a good answer. As I ran the HR department by myself and also was the Safety Supervisor as well. The plant manager had the audacity to say that he was disappointed as I should be stepping up to take on more responsibilities.
I feel that they wanted to get rid of me for what ever reason that they could come up with and I just want to know if I have a case to pursue.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 3 months ago.

Good evening,

I just got off a very lengthy phone conversation. I apologize for the delay.

Given the lateness of the hour I will respond to your additional information tomorrow.

Have a great night,