Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

I believe I was wrongfully terminated on discriminatory

Customer Question

I believe I was wrongfully terminated on discriminatory grounds. What do I have to do to pursue a bipolar lawsuit?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

If you believe that you were terminated because of your bipolar disorder, your remedy would be to file a complaint with the Department of Fair Employment & Housing, which is the agency that enforces California's anti-discrimination laws. The DFEH will investigate and attempt to mediate a resolution with your employer. That not forthcoming, they will either file a lawsuit on your behalf or issue you a "right to sue" letter, which will enable you to sue in civil court with the assistance of an attorney. See here to initiate the DFEH complaint process.

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.