Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC
92304199

I was granted vacation but on my return I was suspended day

Customer Question

I was granted vacation but on my return I was suspended for 3 day because he says it was not granted?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: California
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: We don't get paid for hour or 2 every morning
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can. My goal is to make sure you are completely satisfied before you submit your rating so please let me know if you have additional questions or you need me to clarify anything. If there is a delay in the time it takes me to respond it is because I am working with a customer or I am not online - but rest assured I will respond to your follow up question, if you have one. Also, I am on a mobile unit, which automatically asks you to submit a rating once I submit a response – but please don't feel like you need to do so until we are done speaking. How was your request granted?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It was a verbal request to the boss and supervisor
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
it was granted verbally

It's difficult to prove that a verbal request was granted - but the best thing you can do is send a letter to your boss stating that it was your understanding that your request was granted on such-and-such a date and detailing the conversation to the best extent you can. I know it's frustrating... Please let me know if you have any questions or you need me to clarify anything. I would be happy to do so. If there is a delay in responding it's because I'm working with another customer or simply not at my computer - but I assure you I will respond as soon as I can.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Already did that through text by phone

You'll probably want a more formal mechanism of contacting them than a text if you would like them to investigate further, but it sounds like there has been some miscommunication if you're stating that both the boss and supervisor approved it - and you could certainly pursue resolution if one or both of them stated that you were entitled to take that time off.