Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.

I am being accused of fraud. I work at Verizon and I

Customer Question

I am being accused of fraud. I work at Verizon and I activated a new account for a customer. They took the phones and then called Verizon and said that I did not give them the phones. Now I'm under investigation and might get fired. The employer wants me to write a statement about what happened. What should I do?
JA: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Iowa
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I had a brief relationship with the customer. I actually think she got mad because I ended the relationship.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 3 months ago.

This is Samuel. I am sorry to hear of this matter for you.
I suggest that you consider write a statement as to what happened. That you did give the customer the phones. And also note that you feel this is an act of revenge because you once dated this customer and she is becoming increasingly hostile because the relationship has ended.