Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience

I'm hair stylist at Great clips ,I have been work at

Customer Question

Hi I'm hair stylist at Great clips ,I have been work at location 9 years .My general manager, store manager were force me to resignation or move to another store with the reason I'm didn't respect the store manager ! They were kick me out on floor still have the customers . Do they affront to me , if they did should I going to sue them ? I has passed out ,fell on the floor when I was back to work
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: California
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I did
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: My owner found they lie to them they say I has request to move ! So right now my owner gave schedule back to work
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: When I has back to work I still work with manager make my blood pressure going higher I have been passed out, fell on the floor
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Legally, your employment is considered "at will" under the state laws. An at will employee may be hired/fired or moved with no good cause or for any reason other than based only on your age/race/sex/disability/national origin. So, if they did not do this to you based on your age/race/sex/disability/national origin, you would have no recourse against them, even though they made you so upset you passed out. So you would have to make a choice here to take the other store or make them fire you (so you can get unemployment). Since the owner put you back to work, you also would not be able to sue them for this.

Hello, you have received a reply, did you have any further questions for us?