Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.

My general manager, and store manager they are company force

Customer Question

My general manager, and store manager they are company force me write a letter resignation or I have to move to another store with reason : I didn't respect to a manager ! I believe they were planed ! They kick me out on the floor when we still have the customer ! Did they do affront ? Can I going to sue them
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

Unfortunately, the general rule is that employment in the state of California is "at will" absent an express agreement to the contrary. At will employment can be terminated or modified for any reason not amounting to discrimination on the basis of a "legally protected trait" (race, religion, gender, etc.) or retaliation for engaging in certain forms of legally protected conduct (filing a wage claim, taking FMLA leave, etc.). It doesn't matter whether the basis for termination/modification is fair, reasonable or even true.

So, there is nothing illegal about forcing an employee to transfer under the threat of termination based on allegations that the employee did not respect their manager. This remains the case even if the allegation is completely false.

Thus, while I truly wish I could tell you otherwise, the facts you have described would not typically give rise to a lawsuit or any basis for a legal claim. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

Hello again,

I just wanted to followup with you to make sure that you did not have any further questions or concerns. For some unknown reason, the experts are not always getting replies or ratings (which is how we get paid for our work) that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I have not yet received either. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the site administrator.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed.

Very best wishes.

Hi, can you please let me know if you are receiving my messages? I have not heard back from you and the site is prompting me that this question is still open. Are you there?