Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

Can an employer make you report to someone at a lower level

Customer Question

Can an employer make you report to someone at a lower level than you?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

Yes, they can require that. In general, they can mange their employees in whatever manner they want. The only restrictions are that management decisions cannot be motivated by legally protected traits (i.e. race or religion), legally protected activities (i.e. retaliation for having recently filed a wage claim) or in violation of a contract or union agreement. Fair or unfair, an employer can assign any employee supervisory authority over another.

I hope that you find this information helpful and am genuinely sorry if it is not what you were hoping to hear. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.