How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask KJL LAW Your Own Question
KJL LAW, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 1278
Experience:  Attorney at law Office of KJLLAW
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
KJL LAW is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I continue working if I have lost my OPT ead card and

Customer Question

Can I continue working if I have lost my OPT ead card and have applied for new OPT EAD card & yet to receive my I-797 receipt ?I am working with employer from Feb 2016 with my previous EAD card, but now I have lost my EAD card and have applied for new OPT card. But I'm yet to receive my new OPT card and I-797 notice. Can I continue working or should I terminate my employment?
Submitted: 12 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 12 months ago.
Good morning. You would need the approval receipt as notice of valid work authorization, if requested. However, If your current employer will allow you to continue working then it is ok to work, because your approval date is actually based on the date of the original EAD card.
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 11 months ago.

If you have any other questions just ask, if not, please rate the question for credit and tracking.