Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience

I am unsure what to do here. Yesterday I received a second

Customer Question

Hi I am unsure what to do here. Yesterday I received a second Skype request from some unknown person with the Skype handle: phillipdewsisacriminal. Naturally I am not and the initial message went like this: "last chance to communicate before I get in touch with your Twitter followers (already saved) your clients (means of communication already jotted down) perhaps you would prefer a phone call".
A few years ago I befriended someone on MSN messenger and it came to a head and they started to blackmail me and wanted money each week. This ended after a while but I believe it's the same person. They have no evidence of anything untoward though but was just threatening to ruin my reputation.
Hope you can help as am at my wits end. Have already told my parter about it.
Many thanks and kind regards. Phillip Dews
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Here attached is a screenshot of the request.
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 4 months ago.

Do you know who this individual is? If you contact the FBI or the police they may be able to trace it back to the IP address. If you know who this person is then you could seek a restraining order.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No not really. I am in the uk ad well so cannot contact the fbi. The person I belive is in Canada.
What should I do on Skype at all?

Block this individual and contact skype about this. They may have ways to track the person if they are threatening you.